Listen to the podcast here:
Sorry, your browser does not support Podcast Audio Player!
[To download this podcast as an MP3 right click here. Select "Save Target As..." and save the file to your computer.]
Learning To Paint podcast, episode 3.
Short Description:In today's podcast we'll talk about different painting techniques:
- Each technique is challenging in its own way.
- You'll have to decide which one is most suitable for you.
- Oil painting is the most popular and best known technique. If you want to learn it, see Oil Painting DVDs.
- Oils are, versatile, long-lasting, and have longer drying times. They are more difficult to clean than water-based paints.
- But they are more forgiving than other techniques and not a bad choice for beginners.
- Acrylics are very adaptable and versatile. They dry fast, they are water-based and water soluble.
- Watercolors are a bit trickier to master. They dry very fast and are not as forgiving as oils. They are the cheapest and cleanest of painting mediums. Water-based and water-soluble.
- Pastels are quite unique and different than oils, acrylics, or watercolors. But they are a wonderful medium and can be used in a number of different ways.
- Oil Painting Tips For Beginners
Painting can seem quite daunting, especially to those who are just starting out. Here are some tips and tricks to help you move forward with oil painting. Just remember – don't let others dictate how you're painting, take your time and be yourself... Read more »
- Learn and Master Painting – 3 Things To Love
Trying to become a better painter? Then you'll love Learn & Master Painting. It might be one of the best painting courses ever created. Especially recommended for novices. .. Read more »
- Oil Painting For Beginners
What do you need in order to learn how to paint in oils? Although oil painting definitely is a difficult medium to master, getting started is relatively easy. Learn more... Read more »